SDHC cards

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by Digitalrookie, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digitalrookie

Digitalrookie Member

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck (who isn't?) Is PNY better than Kodak/Sandisk better than Lexar/Transcend better than HP/Kingston better than Adata????????
    Or are they all the same with different names on them?! Prices vary greatly, as do the claims of the companies that make these devices. Do they all do what they say they do?
    I have a Canon S5 IS approx. 1.5 years old. I'm looking specifically for a minimum 8 GB class 6 for use taking video. Any suggestions? Thank you.

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

Generally all the brands you listed are respected pretty well. I don't know enough about the SDHC cards right now to make a good recommendation, but someone else will be along to give some advice.

3. Digitalrookie

Digitalrookie Member

Thanks for that, Caleb. You know, I already have three new Sandisk 2 GB Ultra 2 / Class 4 cards, but I like to have at least a 4 GB for filming video.

4. kaptain howdie

kaptain howdie Member

i have a kingston 8g class 4 and a 8g class 6. the class 6 is a fast card and for under 30 bucks cdn, its a deal.

5. Digitalrookie

Digitalrookie Member

Thank for the input. I noticed that Amazon.ca has (or at least had, I haven't checked for a while) a Kingston 8GB Class 6 SDHC card for $21.95. I thought that was an excellent price, but I also suspected that if something is too good to be true, it usually is. Besides, I don't know anything about Kingston. Are they new to this market? Are they a reputable company with reputable products?

6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Kingston is one of the top manufacturers of memory cards and $21.95 for an 8 Gig class 6 card is pretty much par for the course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.