Settings for DMC-TS20?-low quality images

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by dpxpoz, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpxpoz

dpxpoz New Member

Hello, all. I'm new here!
    I bought a TS20 recently because I have been kayaking and wanted a waterproof and shock resistant camera. But I have been disappointed with the quality of the images. I have tried various settings from Program mode and different Auto settings to Intelligent Auto but as far as I'm concerned my old Canon A700 6mp gives better results! I think the JPEG processing algorithm is pretty bad from the results I get. This is a fairly new camera so things like noise reduction should be better than what I'm seeing plus backlit flaring is pronounced. So, before I sell this, I'd like to make sure I'm using this properly. What settings are you all using? What else should I look for?
    Thanx all.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

From what I can see from photos posted on the internet, the TS20 takes sharp, colorful, well-balanced pictures. It has an intelligent auto mode which should give you good pictures most of the time. Here's a link to some pictures taken with the TS20:
    ts20 panasonic - Flickr: Search

I don't know why your pictures are so poor. As I said above, auto mode should give you good pictures most of the time. Could you post a few pictures or provide a link to your pictures on Flickr or some other photo-sharing site?

3. dpxpoz

dpxpoz New Member

After looking at the images on Flickr I'm beginning to think that a lot of it has to do with ISO. Even with Intelligent Auto shots I've taken at 400 or 800 aren't near as good looking as Tom's, e.g.
    I will post some of my pix soon as I'm very busy at the moment but as of now if I can't get good pix at higher ISO's I will sell the TS20 and look for something else.
    Will post soon and thanx for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.