So Far I'm Not Impressed!

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by Tony3d, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony3d

Tony3d Member

Well, so far I'm not impressed with CRIS. I called yesterday to check on the status of my camera. The woman told me to hold a minute while she checks. She comes back with the camera had a lot of debris in it, and was cleaned out. Now this is simply a lie. The camera when not in use is stored in a water tight metal Haliburton case, the lenses are only switched out every so often, and then only indoors. Never had an issue with one dust spot. The body is immaculate with no dust on the exterior at all. So tell me how this camera could have a lot of debris in it. I called Pentax, and they told me they aren't finished repairing it yet. I told Pentax if they send this camera back with the same issue's I will not pay for shipping back to CRIS. I don't care for the fact that they won't let you speak to anyone at CRIS. At this point if they return my K7, and the issues still exists, I'm selling the entire kit, and moving on to Nikon. When will these companies learn, and stop making all these jeopardizing cuts. At this point I'm very upset with Pentax. I like their cameras always have since the Spotmatic, but I will move on if this is what they call a fix, especially after spending over $50.00 to send it in!

2. Tony3d

Tony3d Member

Too late. already have a buyer lined up for my K7, and associated lenses! I've been with Pentax for many years, I finally had enough. moving on to Nikon.

3. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Member

Thats too bad... but I'm sure you won't be happy with any other companys repair service or Customer Care.
    But Good Luck

4. Tony3d

Tony3d Member

Actually as it turns out the buyer backed out, and went for a K5. The camera was returned to me about four weeks or so later. As I requested the tech called me before the camera was sent back, and went over everything with me. Turns out the girl had no clue as to what was done. They did a lot of work on both my camera, and lens. 80 minutes was spent on the body alone. Received the camera back in like new condition. In short they did a top notch job! Focus is spot on at any focal length. Much faster also. I must admit I'm very happy with my K7 now. I started shooting raw, and use Aperture 3 to convert. I also bought Topaz De-noise for high ISO shooting, and now 3200 ISO is now usable. I'm glad the buyer pulled out. I have enjoyed my K7 for the first time since owning it. Now that it's functioning properly, I'm a happy camper. I am really not that hard to please. If you heard the way that person explained the repair, knowing how well the camera was cared for, you would have been just as upset.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  5. kooldude1

kooldude1 New Member

I am truly a novice with digital cameras but here's a question for the group. I have an older Pentax digital camera. I think it's an Optio but when trying to download pictures on the internet with my USB cord or data cable, I couldn't get it to recognize that there were pictures stored on the camera. Is that because I have to set the USB setting in the camera using the menu options? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Probably because the camera's drivers have not been loaded onto the computer. Not to worry, as you can purchase a card reader (very inexpensive) that plugs into your USB port. Just insert your memory card into the card reader and you'll be able to extract all the photo information on the card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.