Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 screen replacement possible?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Rutsuki_SPEC, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutsuki_SPEC

Rutsuki_SPEC New Member

The screen of my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 is cracked and nothing is displayed except a blank white screen I was wondering if anyone know where can I buy a new screen to replace it? Are there any other model's screen also compatible with DSC-P72? Any help would be much appreciated! This camera means alot to me so I really want to fix it :(

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'd first contact Sony to see if they will fix it or will recommend someone who can. I'd be very reluctant to mail the camera to anyone but Sony unless I knew it was a reputable firm. There are a lot of sleazy tech firms that advertise on the internet.

Something to consider, though. The Sony P-72 wasn't a great camera when it was released 9 years ago, in 2003. For $100 you can buy a new camera that's much better than your Sony.

3. Rutsuki_SPEC

Rutsuki_SPEC New Member

Hi,

But do you know if I can buy the screen part so I can replace it myself? I doubt Sony will fix it because I brought it long time ago, but since this camera means alot to me I really want to fix it instead of buying a new one.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

No, I don't know if you can buy the part, sorry. That's why I recommended that you contact Sony as they may have the part or know where you can get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.