Sony DSC-P73 memory stick error

Discussion in 'Sony' started by dro111, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dro111

dro111 New Member

My sony P73 has worked Ok for a long time but now gives a no memory stick error. I have tried memory sticks of various sizes and types. No luck. Any suggestions. Could it be the contacts the card comes into contact with inside the camera?

2. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Are you using the correct type of memory stick for your camera?

Have you tried resetting the camera back to default factor settings?

If so, have you tried reformatting the memory cards on the computer and then trying to use them in your camera?

3. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Once usapatriot's suggestions (reset the camera, reformat the card) have been tried, if it's still not working I'm betting it's a contact issue. Not sure how the contacts in this camera work, but if they're the wire "sprung" ones, these can get bent if a card is incorrectly inserted in some cases, or even theoretically just from normal use over time. Getting them lined up again is usually not hard, but takes some precision, and I would probably let a pro handle the work (you could certainly do more harm than good if you're not careful).

dr

4. dro111

dro111 New Member

Thanks to both of you for your reply. I have tried all that you have suggested usapatriot. The camera is quite an old one now and I can always pick another up on ebay for less than the cost of the repair so I may have a go at it myself.

5. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Yeah, with a camera of this age, I'm inclined to agree with you on the "home remedies" route as I think about it.

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.