1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Sony Unveils NEX-VG10 Interchangeable Lens Camcorder Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Jamison Cush, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Sony today introduced what the company is dubbing the world's first consumer level interchangeable lens HD camcorder, the NEX-VG10. With the announcement, Sony has leapfrogged the competition, specifically Panasonic, a manufacturer that rumors suggest is producing a prosumer interchangeable-lens HD camcorder based on the Micro Four Thirds standard.

[​IMG]

Read the full content of this Article: Sony Unveils NEX-VG10 Interchangeable Lens Camcorder

Related Articles:

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. kelsci

kelsci Well-Known Member

Why not put a 5.1 dolby digital audio recording system into this camera for this kind of money. While this 4 point stereo mic sounds unique, I have heard from a friends Sony camcorder that had 5.1 sound it was fabulous.

3. kelsci

kelsci Well-Known Member

There is a video made with this camera on photographyblog.com. Personally, I was not all that impressed with its results shown in that demo video. I will put it another way; I was not turned on by the results. It still could be a great unit and that the video demonstrated was not presented to play as well on a computer as it should. I understand that the unit has a separate microphone input which is a plus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.