Sorting Dates with 2 Fuji Camers

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by victorash, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victorash

victorash New Member

Im not sure if anyone has a solution to this problem or knows why it may be happening. I have a Finepix 2800 Zoom camera, and have recently brought a FinePix S2000HD camera. My wife still uses the Finepix 2800 and i have now noticed that if I copy all the photos from both cameras into a Folder on my computer and try to sort them by date it sorts then into to 2 separate groups.

All the photos from the S2000HD are sorted by time and Date and all the photos from the Fine Pix 28000 are sorted by time date but in to separate groups.

It becomes confusing when their have been a number of photos taken of the same event by both cameras.

Any ideasThanks

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hmm. I would guess that the two cameras are using to different kinds of date stamp. In the menus of each you should be able to configure what kind of time/date stamp is used in the EXIF (i.e. MM/DD/YY, DD/MM/YY, etc.). Make sure that the same configuration is selected for both.

If you've already done this, I'm betting it has something to do with the computer's sort function.

dr

3. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

I just checked my date sorting, and no problems at all between 5 different cameras, Sony's & Fuji's. I use FinePix Viewer for all of them.

spintyer

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

When I transfer images from my Fuji F45fd with FinePix Viewer the computer software creates a new folder for today's date, then copies all images to that same folder, regardless of image's date. Sounds like the old 2800 creates its folders by the date taken, not the current date?

I doubt there is a lot you can do about this. After transfering the images to the computer perform your own copy of those "misplaced" images to the folder of your choice. Or replace the 2800 with a current Fuji ...

Kelly Cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.