Sp-510uz

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by rmmpe, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmmpe

rmmpe Member

Can anybody guide me as to how I set up this camera to date/time stamp photos taken with it?

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can only add the date/time stamp when using the Direct Print functions on the camera. I was looking at the advanced manual (in english) on page 50.

3. rmmpe

rmmpe Member

Thanks Ben.
    I was hoping for better as that method won't do much good if you don't have a reference as to when the pic was shot (I'm getting old and the ol' memory isn't what it used to be).

It's probably better to work with the Calendar anyway because it won't deface the photo.

Thanks again.

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

If the clock on the camera is set correctly, you'll see the right timestamp on the file when you transfer it to a computer. Also, the filename that the camera creates consists of at least the date that the picture was taken.

5. rmmpe

rmmpe Member

I finally received a response from Olympus.
    The camera is not able to stamp a photo but it can be done using the editor.

The upside of this is that the camera places all pics in an album by the day it was taken which can be downloaded to the computer in a manner that files them by date.

Actually, this is fine by me as permanently defacing the pics have ruined a few I've taken.

BTW, I took a few really long range shots using 50X Zoom and DIS. I would have sworn the pics would have been horrible but when I looked at them they were really clear, despite the lens shake that made me think I had St. Vitus Dance.

Soooooooooooo, I'm very happy with this camera.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Thanks for posting back about what you've found! It helps out a lot for other people who have the same question.

I'm glad that you like the camera!

7. rmmpe

rmmpe Member

No problem Ben.
    It's the least I could do.

8. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.