SP570 UZ - grainy picture

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by igloodwellerz, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igloodwellerz

igloodwellerz New Member

Re: Olympus SP-570 UZ First Thoughts

Hey guys, I just became the proud owner of this camera, and well am a little confused... I think I pushed a button (I'm good at that).... and now it seems like it's grainier.... and also how do you change the shutter speed? Thanks for all your help:)

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

You might have increased the ISO on accident, that would cause grain. You could also have decreased the image quality. Your best bet for fixing that would be to return the camera to the factory default settings (check the documentation for that).

As far as the shutter speed goes - if you want to set a specific shutter speed use the "S" mode on the dial. Then you can set the speed you want and the camera will do the rest. If you just want a faster shutter speed you can increase the ISO, use the flash (kinda helps with shutter speeds), use a larger aperture (smaller number), get closer to your subject and zoom out (same as smaller aperture), or increase the external lighting (turn lights on). Does that help?

3. igloodwellerz

igloodwellerz New Member

Yes that does, but how do you adjust the ISO? I'm sorry... I'm still learning how to use this... do you know how to return it to the original settings? Thank you so much for your help:)

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

If you set the dial at the top to Auto, your camera will choose what it considers to be the best settings for the situation, including ISO. If you want to manually change the ISO, set the dial on the top to P or M mode. Then if you press the OK/Func button at the back, the menu will come up on the LCD that allows you to adjust the ISO to any setting, including Auto.

I strongly suggest that you read the manual. I'm sure it will answer many of your questions.

5. igloodwellerz

igloodwellerz New Member

Does anyone know if a wireless remote will work with the Olympus 570? By wireless remote, I mean, you push a butto on the remote and the camera takes a picture. Thank you in advance:)

6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

As far as I can tell, the SP570UZ does not work with a remote control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.