SP800z Image Quality

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by thunderstruck, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderstruck

thunderstruck New Member

Hi guys, my father bought this Olympus SP800uz camera this summer but we have a bit of a problem - the quality of the images is AWFUL! It's like the pictures have been taken with some VGA camera instead of with a 14mp one. I guess there are some settings to be configured or something but I don't know a thing about cameras so I hope you'll be able to help me. :) Thank you in advance!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hmm. I reviewed that camera for this website and, while I thought the camera had some problems, its image quality was a strong point. Is the camera in iAuto mode?

3. patmokh

patmokh New Member

I've been rather disappointed with the SP800uz also. I'm not an expert, but not a total novice either. My main issue has been with color fidelity. It's especially bad indoors, and while I understand there are some things that can be done to trick it into doing better, I don't understand why a camera that expensive needs to be tricked, when those that cost 1/3 of its price can figure it out all by themselves.

4. thunderstruck

thunderstruck New Member

Yep. I'll upload couple of pics later to show you what I'm talking about.

5. traineriwas

traineriwas New Member

Hi, new to this forum but I have the same Olympus sp-800uz...it's only about 4 months old, has been gently handled (because I LOVE this camera) but image quality has gone downhill a bit and when I turn it on it now makes a clicking and whirring noise that can be heard when you hold the camera up to take a photo. This has started happening in the past couple of weeks. Anyone else have this happen with this model?

Also, if I should have started a new thread for this, please let me know!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Cameras sometimes make sounds when the image stabilizer is on. Try turning it off and see whether it has any effect on the sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.