1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Spots on pictures, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi

Discussion in 'Canon' started by bullshark818, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullshark818

bullshark818 New Member

Please help! I'm not a camera expert. Whenever I take pictures on my camera, I'm getting a lot of black spots. I'm thinking maybe this is dust on the sensor? If so, what should I do? If you think it's another problem entirely, is there any way I can fix it?

Here is a picture I took at the beach, and you can clearly see the spots!
    http://i48.tinypic.com/33b1umw.jpg

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The dust is either on the lens or on the sensor. First make sure your lens is clean. Use a dedicated lens cleaner that's sold in a camera shop. If the marks persist, try using the XTI's self-cleaning system. Here's a link that explains how to use it. How do I Clean the Auto Sensor on a Canon XTI? | eHow.com It the self-cleaning doesn't work you'll have to manually clean the sensor yourself or take it to a professional. Check out Youtube for a demonstration on how to clean the sensor.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.