Still dead then?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vogelbung, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vogelbung

Vogelbung Well-Known Member

Any ideas to boost activity?

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Ask Google?

3. Vogelbung

Hahaha lol

4. Vogelbung

I updated my sig (and a minor deluge of additions is arriving hopefully mostly in December) - but I need a new slogan.

5. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

My favorite quote, by far -

By Vernon Trent - About this site | Vernon Trent

Nice touch with the vertical bars to separate brands in your list. Someday my little PL2 hopes to grow up to be a E-M10.

Kelly

6. Frapolo

Frapolo New Member

You don't know something? Google it. You don't know someone? Facebook it. You can't find something? Mom!

7. Vogelbung

Just as well I'm not a pro haha

8. Vogelbung

I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the micro 4/3rds contingent altogether - my shooting time is shaping up to be basically 50:40 RX100 and M240P with the remaining time divided between the rest, and we'll see if that changes with the new cameras that are arriving - doubt it. I originally got the E-M10 as a hedge of a hedge in case the lens selection on the A7 didn't work out, so I have a decent lens collection for it but to be honest, even with the rep of the lens selection on micro 4/3rds I find I'm actually pretty happy on FE mount as a 'proper camera'.

Then I bought the GM5 out of curiosity if it could go up against the RX100 (it can, but not as convincingly as I'd like and at a surprising loss of portability even with the kit, given what are on paper fairly minimal differences), especially as I could also use the pancakes I already had.

Both see *very* little use but I'll wait until I have the Leica D-Lux 109 (the Lumix LX100 clone) to make the final decision - if the 109 can take over 'still portable but better than RX100' duties convincingly enough I'll probably give both the GM1 and the EM10 - and all the lenses - the boot.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.