Stop Action Camera

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Riverdog, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverdog

Riverdog New Member

I am a coach of a 12u travel baseball team. I would like to be able to take stop-action images of my players hitting (swinging) and pitching so I can evaulate them and show them the areas they need to work on. Something like 6-10 frames per second?!!. Also do not want to break the bank !!
    Thanks in advance for any input to my question.

Riverdog

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Depends on the resolution needed. Many point-and-shoot cameras with modest price tags will shoot 30 fps video. But the image size will be 640x480. There are also a few P&S models that give the fps you want with a 1Mp image size (sensor crop). If you need, say 5Mp, that will limit the selection to pretty expensive cameras.

Kelly Cook

3. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

I am guessing that you want a photo camera and not a video camera.

Well then your best bet would be a mid-range DSLR like the Canon EOS 40D or Nikon D300 which can both shoot at around 6 frames per second.

You would then use a fast shutter speed and the camera's burst shooting function to shoot your players and get the shots that you want. Remember a DSLR is not a point & shoot and therefore there is a learning curve involved before you get decent shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.