stuff

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Medic, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medic

Medic Active Member

A few weeks ago in January Ben said that you guys were adding new sites I'd like to suggest something if I may. Maybe you guys should start a camcorder review site, there's camcorderinfo.com which is really good, but their reviews are technical-not everyone likes that, and users don't post reviews really, they have good forums, but yours are humorous and funny. So I think it would be fantastic if you guys started a camcorder site, maybe since there isn't as much camcorder news as other things you could tie it into this site.

A cell phone review wouldn't be to bad either :p

PS you don't have to reply if this info is top secret, I wouldnt want cnet offering a take over :p , no but seriously you dont have to reply if for some reason its secret and/or it makes you uncomfortable.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

Yeah, the idea of a cellphone forum was borught up, I too think it's a great idea (although it may be hard to break hofo's monopoly).

Speaking of Cnet, I don't know if I am the only one who thinks this way, but I really, really, don't like their reviews. I know that reviews can vary from person to person, but I have found - at least for me - that their reviews are very off base, in all areas, be it cameras, phones, computers etc etc. I find other sites to be much more on target. (e.g. this site, pcmag, mobileburn, even consumer reports which is meant for the old folk, and many others).

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Thanks for the comments guys. We're always looking at different options, so don't worry. However, on the other hand, you also most likely won't hear anything from us until something is up and running. :)

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Camcorders are something we're considering, along with auto tech, and potentially something in the peripheral space. We're always thinking though...

As to cell phones, that's not going to happen directly, though we think the direction is toward smartphones, where we already have a site. We may get into higher end feature phones, but that's about it.

5. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

When you say auto tech, do you mean technology in autos, or tech in things for autos, i.e. gps systems, radar detectors, etc.

Also, when you say peripheral space do you mean computer peripherals - sort of like printers etc?

Just curious, but you don't have to answer!

1 person likes this.
  6. Medic

Medic Active Member

some of Cnet's reviews I like, some I don't, I never buy anything based on just their reviews, and for computers/digicams I always give these site veto power over my decision, so far all reviews from this site have been good rather than Cnet's spotty performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.