Stylus 850SW

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by mispoken, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mispoken

mispoken New Member

Is there a way to adjust shutter time and aperture on the 850SW? I have found where to adjust the ISO and the WB, but would like to play with shutter speeds etc for night exposures and so on. Does this camera support that?

Thanks

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

This is an auto-exposure only camera, meaning there are no aperture or shutter speed controls. Try the Night Scene mode instead.

dr

3. mispoken

mispoken New Member

Thanks for the reply. Also wondering a little bit about the "Guide" mode. When you select a particular option i.e. Blurring Background, all it says is "Zoom In". Is it, at the same time, setting itself up to blur the background of a particular shot? Also, I cant zoom in or out, so i'm not to sure whats going on in this mode.

Thanks

Pat

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Pat,
    I don't believe the Guide Mode makes the setting selections for you (though I may be wrong on this one). In absence of someone who has more direct experience, you're probably going to have to crack the manual.

dr

5. mispoken

mispoken New Member

I did read the guide and its pretty brief in its description. I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.