SX100 IS My Colors Mode - Where is Color Accent?

Discussion in 'Canon' started by stuman74, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuman74

stuman74 Member

If someone can point me to where this is in the camera, I would be most grateful. I can't find it for the life of me. The Canon website says the SX100 IS has this as part of My Colors mode, but I don't see it anywhere. I bought this camera with the expectation that I could take a photo and turn it all black and white except for one portion with this feature.

Here's the link from the Canon website.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=CanonAdvantageTopicDtlAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=15672&id=14327

2. E.B.E.

E.B.E. Well-Known Member

In my G9 it's under Scene mode (turn the knob from Auto to SCN), select Color Accent submode.

3. stuman74

stuman74 Member

I e-mailed Canon support and they replied confirming that the SX100 IS does NOT have color accents on the camera. They said they would be updating the website to fix it.

Can anyone recommend decent cheap software that I can make that type of edit on my PC?

4. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

Check out Picasa. It has a lot of picture effects that can be applied, and its a decent program, free from Google.

5. stuman74

stuman74 Member

I actually use Picasa as my primary photo editor and for web albums. However, it does not have a feature where it is like the Canon Color Accent (where it turns the photo black and white except for a selected item remaining in color).

6. E.B.E.

E.B.E. Well-Known Member

No it doesn't have that feature. Maybe look at FotoCanvas from ACD Systems? I've been using an old version only and it's not too useful, but that's old -- and ACD things are on the cheaper side, somewhat.

I don't know if it has color accents btw but you can try.

There is also Gimp or GimpShop in linux. You don't need to install Linux to use it, simply download the SLAX distribution for instance, add the GimpShop module, burn to a CD or write to a USB key, and you can boot the media and use GimpShop.

That's free and has much more feature than PhotoCanvas, I imagine (never used it myself).

7. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

You can download the GIMP for Windows. Its a powerful tool, but it might be a lot of work to get those effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.