Taking that leap.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by b08rsa, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b08rsa

b08rsa Member

Has anyone find themselves wondering if they should get into the photo business or not? I am looking into Sports and Action Photography (Soccer, Motocross). I don't know if I have the "Right Stuff". I am not looking to make a killing, but to make an extra buck or two. Mainly as a hobby.
    I am trying out the free 14 day trial with smug mug. Does anyone have an opinion god or bad with smugmug? Here is my link, I have about 3 days left for the free trial period.
    Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appriciated.

http://ameliasportsphoto.smugmug.com/

Ron
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. stckfigure

stckfigure Member

Our wedding photographer uses SmugMug, and they had a very fast turnaround (much quicker than advertised in our case), very clean ordering interface, and plenty of choices. The prices were pretty reasonable. Not sure how much of that is SM's fault, and how much is controlled by the photographer, though. I have nothing to compare them to, however.

3. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Active Member

My father was a very successful photographer. He threatened my brother and I with the old "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" if we EVER thought about photography as a bussiness. When he retired he regreted it. His contacts, and ours, all over Palm Beach County and some, not all, of his artistic ability passed down, one of us could have been sucessful. To late then. Spilt milk.

4. Happygrass

Happygrass Banned

That's a pity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.