trouble with FE-4000

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by kimber, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimber

kimber New Member

Hi guys, I am new and hoping you can help me out.

Now, I have always loved Olympus cameras and I used to have an FE-40 which was the best little point and shoot clear pic camera I had owned...so easy to use. So when my roommate lost it (at the bar no less, without my permission!) I was repaid with an FE-4000....which I have had nothing but problems with.

Problem 1: When I take a picture it is 'busy' saving it for about 10 seconds afterward. This is a pain and I never had this issue with the previous one. Is this normal?

Problem 2: It is apparently saving audio recordings with EACH picture I take (this might be the cause for problem 1)...is there a way to stop this?

Problem 3: The picture quality is crap. It is grainy, the colours are washed out and it almost seems like I am shooting through fog in overcast or lower light situations (still shots at night, close with flash). I have resorted to taking pics with my LG phone which is a 3 mega pixs and takes better quality.

I am wondering if this is just a horrible camera or if perhaps I am just doing things wrong. Hoping you guys can help me out, starting to be disappointed with the brand. :confused:

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

From all I've read problems 1 and 3are shared by everyone else who've bought the FE-4000.

Problem 2 is weird. Your post is the first I've heard of this issue.

Bottom line - I'm afraid you bought a simply horrible camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.