Trouble with Samsung 35mm Maxima Zoom 120Ti

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by three4rd, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three4rd

three4rd New Member

Hi,

I have a 35mm that suddenly stopped taking pictures. I get an error code on the LCD panel that looks like "5o". Anyone have an idea what this means? When the shutter is pressed, it sounds like it is trying to take a picture, but then the zoom engages, film does not advance, no picture is taken, and then the error designation comes up. There is no low battery indicator. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Keith

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

There seems to be a problem with film advancement. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm not familiar with film cameras.

3. three4rd

three4rd New Member

Thanks so much for the reply. You're absolutely right. I discovered after I posted, and fiddled around with the camera some more, that actually even though the counter appeared to show no advancement, the film actually seemed to be advancing much more than it should be, and so I'm not sure that there is anything I can do about it. I can get it to duplicate the same problem (error code) even without any film in the camera. I'll probably take it apart and just see if there is anything I can spot that might be fixable. I really have little to lose by looking at it, since it's probably shot anyway. I can't see investing money in fixing it - can probably pick up another camera for much cheaper than what it would cost for repair.

Best,
    Keith

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Keith,

If there comes a time when you're in the market for a digital camera and would like some advice, feel free to ask in the "What Camera Should I Buy" section.

5. stevenjoywell

stevenjoywell New Member

yeah, i agree .You're absolutely right. I discovered after I posted, and fiddled around with the camera some more and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.