Trying to copy Pics back to Memory Cad on V1233

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Ragooman, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragooman

Ragooman New Member

Hello,

Has anyone managed to copy pics to their memory card ?

I'm trying to copy pics back to the Memory Card on a V1233. I can access the camera in Windows via the Explorer and see the current pics on the camera using my USB cable. But I cannot figure out why it won't let me copy/paste any pics back to the camera. Whenever I try this, the 'Paste' selection in the menu is disabled as if this operation is not permitted on a Kodak camera.

Then when I borrowed a Memory card reader from my friend, which is a Sansdisk card reader, it couldn't recognize my card. So I'm not sure if the Sansdisk card reader doesn't accept anything but Sansdisk cards. So maybe I have to get a generic card reader next to try again.

thanks,
    Dan

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Can you delete the files on you Kodak though the USB cable, I had a Panasonic LZ8 and i could only read from the camera, not write.

The majority of old card readers that were deigned to read SD cards, will not read the newer SDHC cards.

You will need to buy one that is SDHC compatible.

3. Ragooman

Ragooman New Member

Yes I can delete the pics whenever I upload the pics to my PC. Either with the Camera wizard or manually through the Explorer window. The Camera does appear to have a form of Read Permission and the Properties menu doesn't have anything in there to let you change this. But then you can erase the pics which doesn't exactly follow Read permissions. You just can't write to the card via the Explorer window with the camera connected to via usb. Just only by taking photos with the camera itself does it write to the card. I think this is something that Kodak forgets to tell you in the beginning.

I do have a 4GB SDHC card so maybe that's why my friends Sansdisk card reader could recognize it. So I have to look into getting a new card reader that supports the SDHC memory cards and go from there.

=Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.