1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Underwater Case for Sony Alpha a37

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Kewl-Pictures, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kewl-Pictures

Kewl-Pictures New Member

Can someone recommend a waterproof case/housing for a Sony a37 for about $100 or less? I have a 18-55 lens. Sould be good to a depth of 30 feet. I have only been able to find waterproof bags but I would prefer a plastic case. I am in Maui and would like to try snuba or scuba diving. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Should I use a cheap waterproof P&S instead?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Underwater housings that aren't glorified plastic bags tend to be very expensive. For $100 the plastic bag types are your only alternative.

A cheap waterproof point and shoot will allow you to take pictures underwater but the images are going to be mediocre at best. The Fujifilm XP170 was recently given a less than great review by this website Fujifilm FinePix XP170 Review and, while the Fuji is not that cheap (about $200 online), it's about the best underwater camera you'll find for that price and under. Probably the best waterproof point and shoot around is the Olympus TG-2, but you'll pay over $350 for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.