1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Urgent 600D help needed please!

Discussion in 'Canon' started by tessbd, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tessbd

tessbd New Member

HELP PLEASE
    Canon EOS 600d

My camera all of a sudden has screwed up, 4 days before I take it on it's first overseas trip. It appears that the camera is unable to focus (no matter which lens or settings i use) but the resulting images are still fine. This makes manual focus impossible!
    I have not dropped it or made any setting changes that I can recall, and it was bought only about 3 months ago!

Help!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The first thing to try is to revert to the camera's default settings. To do this refer to page 176 of your manual.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

You have tried the little focus adjustment on the viewfinder? Is manual focus with the LCD also impossible? It is very rare that I use manual focus with my 50D.

Kelly Cook

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

After reading your post again it appears that the problem may be a maladjusted viewfinder, as Kelly suggested, rather than a focus problem since your photos look fine. The diopter control that Kelly referred to will let you adjust the viewfinder to a comfortable level of sharpness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.