Urgent help needed- Lost all my photos from sony dslr

Discussion in 'Sony' started by sonyuser, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonyuser

sonyuser New Member

Hello,

I have a SONY a230 DSLR. and tonight i seemed to have lost all the photos i had on it and i dont know why. The photos were of my pet and i had taken them and kept them on the camera since he was born. I sell things online and i use the camera to take photos of my things to sell and upload them. But i always move the sale photos to my computer and keep the pet photos on my camera. I figured this was better to keep the pet photos on my camera for now until i moved them all to my computer (as i was scared of the risk as i had lost photos before when transferring from camera to computer) I have kept all the photos of my baby on my camera since he was born and i have lost all his photos from that first one. This is what i did: Tonight i took some photos of my sale stock, and as usual looked through them on the camera and deleted the ones which were not the best quality, then as usual i plugged the lead into my camera, and the other end into my computer, and turned the camera on. the usual screen came up and as usual i clicked on two files to get to the files (it is basically lots of thumbnails) and i waited for the photos to show, but they didnt. the only ones which were showing were the first 30 or so of my babies photos. So i turned the camera off then tried again, by turning the camera on. the screen came up and i saw what was on it, this time it said `250 objects` at the bottom and i started to panic as i had over 1000 photos on my camera. And still the photos were not showing (usually there are all the photos showing, small thumbnails of them) and a window appeared at the bottom of the screen. I grabbed a pen and paper and quickly wrote it down before it dissapeared. It said:

Windows-Delayed Write Failed

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file...

The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network conection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

I clicked on `search` in windows by typing in the file and nothing came up. I have switched my camera on and `0` photos are on it. I did another search by typing in `DSC` as it is the default name for photos, and lots came up but none of my pet. Also the memory card in my sony is a fujifim SD. I have read that photos can be recovered but i dont know for sure. Does anybody have an idea what could have happened? I dont understand how it can just dissapear. I had not unplugged the lead or anything while the camera was on and i hadnt moved any photos from it to my computer as i was waiting for the photos to show so i could highlight the right ones. What has happened and what do i do next? Those photos are so valuable

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

3. sonyuser

sonyuser New Member

I downloaded recuva and the first scan said it failed to scan the removable drives. Im trying again

What do you think happened tonight? Is this a common problem?

4. sonyuser

sonyuser New Member

It said no files have been found. What shall i do?

5. Jessikaa

Jessikaa New Member

Kernel for Windows Disk Recovery not only recovers data from corrupt FAT/NTFS partitions but also is a prominent memory card recovery tool. Use it as proficient alternative for card recovery tools and you can save those extra bucks for Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.