USB shutter release cable for S9000/S9100 & S100FS

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by leaftye, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaftye

leaftye Well-Known Member

I'm happy to report that I found a usb shutter release cable that works. I found various threads around the internet with people asking if a device like this would work with the S9000 and now I know it works, and works perfectly. At half depression the camera focuses and uses the focus assist light, and then it takes the picture at full depression. I've tried it with four test shots, all with auto focus and focus assist light enabled. Full manual 15 second exposure. Same settings, 30 second exposure. Aperture priority with & without flash.

Anyway, here is the link on e-bay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Shutter-Release...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Now I can't say for sure that it'll work with the S100FS, but I think it's a good sign that it works with the oldest camera, the S9000.

2. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

Let me know if by chance you happen to find out if it works with the S100fs, or if it does let you down after some use. I don't know if I should buy and try it or not, could be just throwing good money away.

sipntyer

3. leaftye

You don't know anyone in San Diego with that camera do you? Chances are slim to none that I'd ever run into someone with that camera under normal circumstances.

4. spintyer

I just thought that you would get bored with your S9000 and upgrade to a S100fs camera, then you could let me know if it works with your new camera.

But I see that you got 58mm filters, not 67mm, and you have CF instead of SD or xD memory, but on the other side you have a tripod, shutter release and camera bag that should work. But I would guess that you are not going to be changing cameras in the near future.

5. leaftye

Naw, I'll never buy a S100fs unless I find an absolutely smoking deal on it. It'd have to be well under $250 for me to even consider it. I don't like that it uses a proprietary lion battery and is way too expensive. My next cameras will be a compact and a dslr.

6. spintyer

Yes the second battery hurt when I bought it, and yes you got a really good camera now. I was going to buy one, but when I was talking to Fuji they told to wait and buy the S9000's replacement, which they didn't tell me it was going to be a lot more money. For the difference in the two cameras the price doesn't warrant it, I know would have been very happy with a S9000.

But if you do accidentally run across someone with a S100fs, maybe give the shutter release a try, just for heck of it, and if you do, let me know.

Thanks spintyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.