using NiMh batteries with the Z1085 IS

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by havasuyahoo, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havasuyahoo

havasuyahoo New Member

I charged 2 kodak NiMh batteries with a kodak charger and put them in my brand new Z1085 IS I turned the camera on and off 5 times to set the menu options. Then I took 1 test picture and transfered the image to my computer with the SD card. That was the all I could get out of the batteries the camera wouldn't turn on. The batteries still were charged and worked in my old camera. Kodak made a design flaw with the new camera by not allowing a preview mode that dose not extend the lens. I used the preview mode extensively in my old camera to delete bad photos and crop new ones. The alternative batteries the klic 8000 is expensive and requires a seperate charger the CRV3 is not recharable. They make a recharable CRV3 but it has a higher voltage and may damage your camera.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

According to Kodak, the Z1085 uses only the CR-V3 lithium battery it comes with, the Kodak KLIC-8000 rechargeable lithium/ion battery or regular AA lithium batteries. It will not work with NiMh batteries or AA alkaline batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.