Using old lenses?

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta' started by John Perz, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Perz

John Perz New Member

Hi all.

I used to do a fair bit of photography back in the film days, mostly race photography and shooting local rock bands.

I recently found myself needing to take some pictures for a magazine article, so I dug out my old camera, shot what I needed, and let Kodak convert the film to one of their CDs.

I have a couple of Minolta bodies, Sr-101 and 102s, and an extensive bunch of lenses - wide-angle, telephoto, macro-zoom, etc.

I'm wondering if Minolta ever made a digital body that accepted these film lenses? I don't need the newest and best , just something that works, and a used body picked up on Ebay would suit me just fine, if I can identify the correct model to be looking for. Thanks for any help any of you collectors here can provide.

Regards
    John

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I'm not sure if you know this, but K-M left the digital camera business at the beginning of last year. However, their last digital SLRs were the Maxxum 5D and Maxxum 7D (I believe). Those cameras used an A-type bayonet mount. I'm sorry that I actually don't know that much about their lenses (like if they're compatible or to what extent they're compatible).

Also, Sony bought K-M's photography assets and built their own digital SLR (the Sony Alpha A100) using the same lens mount as the Maxxum cameras.

hopefully someone else out there has a bit more info.

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

The link should now work - we have some software that automaticallly links some product names to pages on our site. Since the product name was in the link, it messed up the Sony link that you posted. All should be good now though.

4. John Perz

John Perz New Member

Thanks very much for the link to Sony-Europe. Looks like only the AF series lenses will work on the Sony.

I have the old MC-Rokor lenses. I was hoping someone would say something like: "Oh, yeah, Minolta's FIRST digital camera, the old Model XYZ could use those old lenses."

Alas, other research I've done since my first post suggests that there is No-Such-Model.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.