v803 Replacement screen

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by authorandrew, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. authorandrew

authorandrew New Member

I just got a v803 for free from a friend. The lcd is broken and the camera functions perfectly, except for the screen, obviously.

My dad and I were going to try to buy a used one with a functioning lcd and combine the two into one working one, is this smart?

Is there a cheap place to get cameras like ths repaired?

Thanks

--
    All the best!

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

A replacement like this can be done. It all depends on how handy you are, and how savvy at repairing electronics. If you can get a donor screen for cheap, it's probably worth a try in my opinion.

I'd try to find a local camera shop with a repair department otherwise. Beyond these options, though, it's probably not salvageable for cheap. You might call Kodak just to make sure on the "official" repair cost, though, as it's sometimes less than you'd think.

dr

3. authorandrew

authorandrew New Member

I couldn't find it specifically on the Kodak site because it only listed user-replaceable parts.

The person who gave me the camera said it was one hundred and twenty five bucks to fix, straight from kodak.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  4. authorandrew

authorandrew New Member

also, are easyshare screens interchangeable...cuz I could find a screen from maybe the next model down or something? possible?

5. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Not sure. They probably shared components across cameras to some degree, so you'll want to just look for something with the same specs.

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.