Water in my colour cartridges

Discussion in 'Photo Printers' started by billy08, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billy08

billy08 Member

I know this isn't about photo printing, but I'm sure lots of members here have a good understanding of printers.

I received a printer for free from a friend. It won't print because the colour cartridges are empty. I don't want to invest money in more colour ink, I just want to be able to print black in my bedroom (for essays, etc).

So, if I fill the colour cartridges with water, will the printer think that they're full? I already have a syringe to do it with, I just want to know if it'll work.

I know this sounds silly, but if it works I'm going to do it. The black cartridge is full.

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

The printer should just print in black, knowing it doesn't need color. You can always try telling the printer to just print in black and white, as well, then it definitely should print. I wouldn't fill it with water. It could ruin more than just that cartridge.

3. billy08

billy08 Member

As soon as I turn the printer on, it says the cartridges need to be replaced (on the printer's display). Even if I select black and white, it still won't print, it'll just keep saying the cartridges need to be replace.

It's a Brother printer, if it helps any.

So will the print head be ruined if I put water in it?

4. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I would wager that the print head would be ruined if you put water in it. How much is the color cartridge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.