What does Kodak mean to you?

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by WhichDSLR, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhichDSLR

WhichDSLR Member

I really like the meaning of brands and what people associate with them.

What do you think about Kodak? What does it mean to you?

Also, what do you think about Kodak's future? What should it do to regain its market leadership, and/or what can Kodak do to maintain its competitive edge in coming generations?

Would love to hear your feedback!

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

boxy but good, wish they had an optical stabilizer instead of digital stabilisation rubbish.

3. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

When I think of Kodak I think of film :D

Anyways, I think that Kodak is slowly improving their digital camera models. They've already got a couple of pretty good ones and I'm sure that in the future provided that they remain on the same path should have some solid compacts and super zooms out.

4. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Active Member

I have one that I like fairly well. It's a few years old but it's got 10x optical, focus assist beam, quick autofocus, nice scene modes, easy to use, little shutter lag. On the minus side, it only goes to iso400 (it is older Z740), no image stabilization, no choices of af and exposure metering. I'm sure their newer models are even better and include many of those things listed in my minus list. It takes great pictures when light is adequate or within flash range. Low light at a distance is another story. It's well made and passes my wife's test of easy to use and low shutter lag. She wants to aim and shoot, have the picture snap when she presses the button. She doesn't want to learn about any manual stuff, but she will use the scene modes on occasion.

5. yellow2

yellow2 Member

Oddly, but I am from Rochester, NY so when I think of Kodak, I think of empty offices and lost jobs unfortunately...kinda depressing huh?

6. CanonGlass3

CanonGlass3 Member

I think of cheap camera xD
    Disposables xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.