1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

What is slow sync and how do I do it?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by nkscouting, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkscouting

nkscouting Member

I have a SONY DSLR-A200 camera that takes blurry photos unless the subject is perfectly still.

In my manual, under selecting the flash mode, it says:
    Slow Sync, and then to the left of these words it the flash symbol with the word "SLOW"
    under the flash symbol.

Beside that it says, "Fires whenever the built-in flash pops up. Slow sync shooting
    allows you to shoot a clear image of both the subject and the background by slowing the shutter speed."

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

3. nkscouting

nkscouting Member

AF area?

Thanks for the link, but it still doesn't solve my problem. How do I ajdust the camera to get Slow sync? Thanks.In the manual, it just says "Select The Desired Setting."
    It directs me to a screen with 6 rectangular boxes on it. They say "Flash Mode, Metering Code, Autofocus mode, White balance, D-RangeOptimizer, and finally the
    AF area, where it is set right now.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Click Flash Mode. You will be given 6 options, one of which is slow synch and another is rear synch. See page 74 of your manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.