What setup to buy???

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by b08rsa, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b08rsa

b08rsa Member

HELP!!!!! I currently own a Oly Evolt510. I have been looking to purchase the 50-200mm 2.8 lense for a grand. Right now I have the typical lense kit.
    Well a local camera shop said that I could get into a Sony a300 with a tamron 50-200mm f2.8 for almost 1200 bucks. My question is what should I buy??? The oly lense or the sony with the tamron lense? I primary goal is to shoot indoor soccer, so everyone would agree I need a fast lense. Maybe I am thinking it would be nice to have a second digital slr,but in comparison, they both have pretty much the same features. Any advice is well appriciated. Looking to spend from a grand to $1200.

Thanks, Ron

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. boilermatt

boilermatt Well-Known Member

As a rule of thumb, it is best to spend your money on quality lenses. However, with the future in mind, Canon and Nikon have a much broader selection of lenses available... if you're going to switch, I would choose one of those two. That said, Sony is making a valiant effort at becoming a strong competitor in the dslr market.

If it were me making the decision, and my budget was roughly $1000-$1500, I would get the Nikon D60 kit and 70-300vr lense, or the Nikon D90 kit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.