whats a good camera case for the canon powershot sx20 is?

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by juliagulia, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

what is a good brand for the canon sx 20 is?? doesn't matter what brand of bag.

also what is a good brand for rechargeable batteries?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've read some good things about the Lowepro Rezo 110AW. Case Logic makes less expensive bags but they are still good. Don't buy the bags produced by Canon as there are lots of negative comments on the internet stating that Canon's bags are too tight-fitting.

As for rechargeable batteries, I'm a big fan of Sanyo Eneloops as they last a long time, have plenty of power and don't run down between uses the way other rechargeable AA's do. If you decide to buy Eneloops, buy the Eneloop charger as well - other chargers may damage the batteries.

3. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

I was looking at Lowepro Rezo 110AW,Thank you for telling me about the Canon camera bags. Thanks again,with the batteries its a huge help haha

4. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

and a memory card for my camera,the brand of it doesnt really matter right?

5. Andy Stanton

The brand isn't that important as long as you get at least a class 4 SDHC card.

6. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

okay thanks, another thing is a canon sx20 good with indoor photos

7. Andy Stanton

8. jjblanche

jjblanche New Member

If you don't mind a Sony branded bag for your Canon, I've found this one inexpensive but high quality:

Sony Camera Bag

Only about $12, but keeps the camera secure, and has enough room for spare batteries and another small accessory or two. It fits my DSC-H20 without trouble, so I'm confident the SX 120 IS will fit (compare the dimensions on the two cameras before you spring for it).

If you haven't already purchased the SX 120 IS, give the DSC-H20 a look. I was torn between the Canon and Sony, and although I've been a Canon guy, the features and quality of the H20 are a leg up when compared to the 120.

The Sanyo Eneloops are great. I use them in a number of electronic devices. They pay for themselves in a short period of time.

9. Andy Stanton

The poster was looking at the Canon SX20IS, not the SX120IS. The SX20IS is a much larger, heavier camera than the the SX120IS and wouldn't fit into the Sony camera bag you've linked to.

I agree about the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I've used them for years - a great product.

10. ComitSteve

ComitSteve New Member

Julia,

Are you only interested in a bag, or would a case work for you? Pelican makes some smaller sized cases that might work well for you. Check out this case, it's pretty small, but large enough to hold your camera and extra batteries, etc:
    http://www.pelicanonline-ralphs.com/1120-case.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.