Which camera should I buy???

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Romeil, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romeil

Romeil Member

No the camera looks clean and brand new. No photos in memory....one can always delete them before sending. And the date and time were not set.

2. Romeil

Romeil Member

Also when I removed the battery for charging I had to reenter the date and time. So I guess every time u remove the battery u will have to reenter that info. So how do I know that the cam has not been used? aLSO how is the package from Fuji normally?

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

4. rp2s

rp2s Active Member

Hello Romeil,

Sorry you don't seem to happy with your new Fuji. I wanted to let you know that my Fuji S100fs, that I purchased 2 months ago, did not have a seal of any kind on the camera box. It was definitely a new camera though. I have ordered many cameras and PDA's from buydig, and I've never had a problem. Can you exchange it for another F100?

PS: The battery wasn't in the camera when you received it, was it?

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  5. Romeil

Romeil Member

Ya I did read the reviews but was shocked to see the half open cartoon and then the camera box was also open!! However I have rechecked the cam and it looks real new ...only iissue can be that its a piece that was returned by someone. I have been trying to check the shutter count on this one without much luck. Can u help me as this will give me an idea if it has been used before. I have also put in a request to Fuji for the product registration and once thats done I will call their centre tomorrow and confirm the products credentials.
    Thankz...

6. Romeil

Romeil Member

Hey rp2s
    I actually did like the camera very much! The picture quality is good and the control are perfect. My girlfriend will surely like it. The only issue I have is that the box was not sealed whereas my earlier Sony had come in a sealed box from which I had to tear open a strip. Also Buydig is giving the camera with $100 rebate unlike all other stores. Thats why I am a bit scared that maybe they are giving a returned camera claiming that it is brand new. As for the battery ..it was not in the camera and everything was placed perfectly in the box.

7. rp2s

rp2s Active Member

That's cool, I'm glad to hear you like it. I misunderstood your previous comment. I've always liked using Fuji cameras. They seem to do things a little differently than the others, like Canon and Nikon. They are more like Pentax to me, and that's a good thing in my book.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  8. Romeil

Romeil Member

yeah and I plan to go ahead with the F100..only that if I continue to have doubts I will have to get back to Buydig and maybe ask them to replace it. Can u tell me how to check the shutter count on F1oo photos? Thanks for ur earlier help guys. Ur suggestion was perfect and the photos from the cam r really good. Though the low light perf is not as good as I thought it wd be. If not for ur suggestion I wd never have gone ahead and bought the Fuji. Thankz again guys.

9. Romeil

Romeil Member

I tried the Opanda Exif on one of the photos but it does not give any info on the shutter count.

10. Romeil

Romeil Member

Hey guys what happened..I am still waiting for ur reply. Cant u tell me how to find the shutter count on a Fuji??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.