Which lens is better?

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by ignatiusjk, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Active Member

I'm looking to get either a Tamron 18-250 or a Sigma 18-250.Which lens is better? I generally shoot landscapes.I'd love to get a Canon lens but their way to expensive.I use a Canon eos T1i. Thanks.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Both the Sigma and the Tamron are expensive and they aren't that great. The reason is a lens with such a great range, from wide angle to 14x telephoto, is hard to manufacture. There is a cheaper and better alternative. I assume you have the standard 18-55mm Canon lens which I assume you think is inadequate for shooting landscapes because it doesn't have a sufficiently long zoom. What about the Canon 55-250mm, which is a pretty good lens and cheap?

3. Finntastic

Finntastic New Member

I can second the recommendation for the Canon 55-250mm. I actually got one for Christmas and I am in love with it already. Great deal, too, in my opinion. Canon is the way to go, if you can do it.

4. hasselblad

hasselblad Member

I would get ta Canon. After the Canon I would pick Sigma as second! Tamron....? Not really.

5. Destitutem

Destitutem New Member

on the subject of lenses - I am looking for a wide angle lens for my Canon EOS T31. I currently have the standard 18-55 and the 55-250 lenses. This is my wife's camera and we usually is taking landscape phot0s and I need some advice on a reasonably priced wide angle lense to complement the two lenses she has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.