1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Which lens is better?

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by ignatiusjk, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Active Member

I'm looking to get either a Tamron 18-250 or a Sigma 18-250.Which lens is better? I generally shoot landscapes.I'd love to get a Canon lens but their way to expensive.I use a Canon eos T1i. Thanks.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Both the Sigma and the Tamron are expensive and they aren't that great. The reason is a lens with such a great range, from wide angle to 14x telephoto, is hard to manufacture. There is a cheaper and better alternative. I assume you have the standard 18-55mm Canon lens which I assume you think is inadequate for shooting landscapes because it doesn't have a sufficiently long zoom. What about the Canon 55-250mm, which is a pretty good lens and cheap?

3. Finntastic

Finntastic New Member

I can second the recommendation for the Canon 55-250mm. I actually got one for Christmas and I am in love with it already. Great deal, too, in my opinion. Canon is the way to go, if you can do it.

4. hasselblad

hasselblad Member

I would get ta Canon. After the Canon I would pick Sigma as second! Tamron....? Not really.

5. Destitutem

Destitutem New Member

on the subject of lenses - I am looking for a wide angle lens for my Canon EOS T31. I currently have the standard 18-55 and the 55-250 lenses. This is my wife's camera and we usually is taking landscape phot0s and I need some advice on a reasonably priced wide angle lense to complement the two lenses she has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.