Which lenses?

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by JennyHoov, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennyHoov

JennyHoov New Member

Okay so I have already made this thread one time so I will make this short. I want three/four new lenses, I wanna capture street photography, just regular photos from vacations and so on. However one lense will be used for capturing videos. I have been looking into theese: canon EF 50mm f/1.4, Tamron 16-300mm and canon EF 24-105mm. I want one of them to be a lense that fits perfect for everything and captures good quality pictures both clear and sharp. The other one (50mm or 40mm) will be something of the same but I have read that it is always good to have a 50mm lense and are good for street photgraphy. The extreme zoom lense is for vacation shots and are able to shoot up front. This is were I need your advices, are theese good lenses for what I am looking for and what are a good lense for shooting videos/reviews (is zoom good for this since it's best of both worlds?).

Thanks to any replies! :)

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Canon 50mm f1.4 is an excellent lens for portraits, especially in low light. It will not give you wide angle ability nor allow you to zoom to a closeup.
    The Tamron 16-300 is an excellent, though expensive, all-purpose lens. Most people who get this lens rarely, if ever, change lenses.
    The Canon 24-105 is a very good, very expensive all-purpose lens, though it's not as versatile as the Tamron 16-300 (less wide-angle, less zoom). I don't see the point of buying this lens AND the Tamron 16-300.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

4. JennyHoov

JennyHoov New Member

Thanks for the replies and I will be getting the 50mm and the 16-300mm one. Oh and I have a canon 600D and a canon 70D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.