Which rechargeable batteries for Canon SX10 IS

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by bethc, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bethc

bethc Active Member

Hi. New here and glad to find this site. Husband just got me a new Canon XS10 IS which takes four AA batteries. While I love it, I do miss the small battery and charger my Panasonic used. Had decided on Sanyo Eneloops then continued reading various threads and now I'm undecided. Any recommendations or know of anything new on the market? Thanks!

Beth

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I like them a lot and I've never heard anything bad about them. I'd buy them if I were you.

3. Clutch

Clutch Member

The slandered Duracell rechargeables (2650 milliamp, with a black and green shell) last for a really long time. Hundreds of pics.

4. bethc

bethc Active Member

I also should have asked if there's much of a difference in the average lifespan of each? Obviously, I'm fairly new when it comes to rechargeables! Thanks for your help.

Beth

5. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Like Andy, I like the Eneloops (which have a much better "shelf life" - that is, they stay charged longer than most NiMH batteries).

Several years back, Imaging Resource did a very thorough comparison of various NiMHs available at the time; while the technology has advanced somewhat, the general consensus was toward the Energizer 2300mAh batteries for best power depth.

As for life, I get varying reports from users. My own experience, though (and we burn through a lot of AAs here in the office...), has been that it's fair to expect about two years of normal cycling (or a year of heavy use) before the cells will start flagging terribly. But you'll get different reports depending on who you ask, how they use their camera, what kind of charger they use, etc.

dr

6. bethc

bethc Active Member

Since I take about 50 pics daily, think I'm going to get the Eneloops. My first set of Duracells lasted 16 days. (Going to check all the original settings as I don't think it should be using this much juice.) Thanks again for all your advice!

Beth

7. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Honestly, I'd say that 16 days is probably about right for a set of alkalines.

dr

8. bethc

bethc Active Member

Good to know that! Thanks David!

Beth

9. originalstarlite

originalstarlite Member

10. bethc

bethc Active Member

Thanks. Good price too!

Beth

Thread Status: