white dots on photos DMC-TS2D

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by synthesis45, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synthesis45

synthesis45 New Member

Can anyone help? I have white dots on almost every photo. I sent the camera back to panasonic and the refurbished model they sent back did the same thing. I sent an e-mail to the company and they responded with a form letter telling me to send the camera back for repair. They obviously did not read my e-mail because I had just gotten the camera back the day before and it had issues right out of the box. Tonight I chatted with tech support and after an hour and a half they told me that it my environment and there is nothing they can do except exchange the camera for me - for the same model. Huh? So every single place that I take a picture with a flash has a bad environment?! And what good does exchange for the same model do me? So now I have laid down a large amount of money for a camera that I can't use indoors, the 30 day has passed for me to exchange it on Amazon, and Panasonic is telling me "too bad so sad". I should have just returned the camera right away instead of letting Panasonic waste away my return time as I waited for my replacement camera to show up. The worst part is that they tell me they have never heard any complaint like this one before. How can I be the only person in the world that is having this issue with the camera? Am I doing something wrong? I am using auto settings. I have used many other cameras before with no problems so it has to be something with this particular camera. I am so disappointed that I wasted so much money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

White spots when using the flash is a common problem. The flash is illuminating dust particles.

If the spots are in the same location each time you have a defect in your sensor or lens - a serious defect that Panasonic should repair.

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

If the flash is illuminating dust particles, you may be able to decrease the incidence of white spots by using the zoom.

4. synthesis45

synthesis45 New Member

That is a good idea about the zoom.
    I did send one camera back thinking it was a lens issue, but then when the second camera came to me and did the same thing I thought that it could not be on two consecutive camera. The Panasonic rep told me that there is nothing they can do to help me after our 1.5hr conversation and troubleshooting. I am so disappointed.

5. pwc7475

pwc7475 Member

i have the same camera but don't have that problem. i found the pictures indoors and out to be quite good
    if you put the camera in manual mode and press UP TWICE on the menu control it will display AUTO BRACKET white balance. use the left or right menu control to set the white balance, whatever setting you choose it will automatically choose the same value on the opposite of zero. press menu to set. press the shutter button and it will take 3 quick pictures ( plus, 0, negative ). check to see which one is best. if you still don't like them do it again at a higher value. or simply set each one at a time. i found setting white balance manually under certain conditions (low light especially) solves a lot of problems but not all.
    the first outdoor shot i took i thought there was something wrong with it. zoomed in on the computer i could see silver specks, i soon realized that it was not the camera but the sun reflecting of individual snowflakes on the snow. my other camera didn't do this but thats because the pictures in general where lower quality and contained a lot of noise covering it up.

6. rcarr10

rcarr10 New Member

Quick question since you have the same camera as me. If you shake your camera, can you hear something moving around inside as if its on a hinge. I think it is supposed to do that to help with impacts but I just wanted to make sure my camera is not brokent.

7. pwc7475

pwc7475 Member

yep. it's normal for the TS2 folded optic lenses. from what i could find out it's nothing to worry about every other owner noticed the same thing, doesn't affect the quality of the pictures or cause it to break.
    you can also adjust the shutter speed up to 1/2 second to stay open which allows more light in to solve your problem. the new image stabilization will keep your pictures from blurring, even if you hold it in your hand to take the pictures (no tripod). i've tried it and it works! you can take a picture in a dark room with just a tv on and get a good picture.
    still learning all the shooting options but i hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.