Would you wait?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by emissary, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I agree with Kelly. If a camera with interchangeable lenses is OK with you and you don't mind something larger than a point and shoot, go for the larger sensor cameras that Kelly mentioned for superior image quality.

2. emissary

emissary Member

Sorry, my vernacular got in the way of my message. "Whole shooting match" (pronounced with a drawl - shootin') is just a southern colloquialism meaning the whole package, out the door, turn key, the whole kit and kaboodle, etc.

And yes, I want the camera to do most of my thinking for me, and I will not be the guy that spends a lot of time tuning up an image. So, it sounds to me like I'm not a good candidate for the dslr market. So, now I'm back to my original quandary:

Panasonic FZ100 now or Sony HX100V in 2 months. The Sony is available now for pre-order directly through Sony. Hmmmmmmm....

3. emissary

emissary Member

Andy, I really don't want to jack with extra lenses. I want a one-size-fits-all camera.

By the way, I want to say a big Thank You to everyone on this forum. The input has been invaluable.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm sure you know my recommendation at this point (hint - not the FZ100).

5. Lumix Ted

Lumix Ted Member

Wait for a newer camera if you have enough disposable income. Being honest there is a lot of good cameras coming out in the next few months in preparation for summer ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.