WTB Basic point/shoot for scheduled daily photo

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Fishman43, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman43

Fishman43 New Member

Hello all, and thank you for any advise and pointers. I am sorry if this has been posted in the past, I tried the search function and didn't comeup with what I needed.

I would like to buy the most basic (read cheap) point and shoot camera I can that has the feature of being able to schedule a daily photo at a certain time (Ie. every day at 17:00). A big bonus would be if it was reasonably weather resistant although I can work around that.

I am looking to set up a couple of cameras that will record some wildlife activity at specific times of day, hence the need for scheduling. I have looked at "game" type cams and they don't suit my needs due to the motion activation.

Thanks for any help,
    Dan

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

What you're looking for is an interval timer. Most DSLR's have this function, but few point and shoots. I have found one inexpensive point and shoot that does - the Nikon S30, which is also water-resistant and dust-resistant.

3. Fishman43

Fishman43 New Member

Thank you Andy. That gives me a good starting point (of a camera, as well as the function name). Best regards, Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.