z980...Yellow & Green Shots...!!!

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by mark4man, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark4man

mark4man Member

1st of all...

THANKS to Andy Stanton for helping me decide on my new camera...I went w/ a z980

BUT...

I've noticed that the pictures have a decidedly yellowish, greenish tint...for real.

[I even had taken a shot of an old red brick colonial building the other day...& the bricks were orange, w/ a greenish tint.]

what can be done...???

thanks,

mark4man

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Actually I recommended the Z950.

Something isn't right. Is your camera set in smart capture mode (the red camera icon on the top selector dial)? Smart Capture puts all settings in auto mode so the camera does all the work. If your camera is set for smart capture mode and you still have bad color accuracy, you may have a serious problem and should contact Kodak.

3. mark4man

mark4man Member

hello again...

sorry it took so long to get back...had a REAL bad experience buying TWO defective (refurbished) z980's off eBay...from a ****ty dealer. Didn't even get a full refund from this character after discovering a defect w/ camera #2.

anyway...I'm now thinking about simply going to BestBuy & grabbing a FujiFilm Z2700...or a Canon SX120...especially in light of the fact that I now know (mostly from info garnered in this BBS) that the Schneider lens thing ain't all it's cracked up to be.

[& also...I've got a bad taste in my mouth now over Kodak].

All I want is something that recreates the real world realistically/truly; & to be able to work w/ those shots in PhotoShop, PSP, Illustrator, etc.

thanks; & sorry for all the trouble...

mark4man

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.