Quantcast DSLR? video tutorials for painting miniatures and photographing the end results...

+ Reply to Thread

Default DSLR? video tutorials for painting miniatures and photographing the end results...

Hi...

hopefully you can help me narrow down my options? i'm an experienced wargames miniature painter and want to create some high quality painting tutorial videos...and need some advice for camera and lens options please.

I've already done a bunch of videos but now want to up the quality as far as i can...here's and example of the style of video I want to record: Cryx Kraken pt3 - Oil Wash - YouTube

My needs are as follows:

Budget - up to 2,000 but ideally around the 750-1000 mark (inc. lenses in that budget)

Size - doesn't matter as it will be mounted on a tripod

Features - Must be able to record in 1080p HD with a very high quality image

General Usage - For videoing close up painting of miniatures under studio lighting...the depth of field will vary a fair bit as the model is moved around so quick AF is needed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance...

mat

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: DSLR? video tutorials for painting miniatures and photographing the end results...

Many DSLR's should be able to do a good job for you. Those within your price range include the Nikon D3200, D5200, Canon EOS 650D or 700D and Sony SLT A57. You might want to invest in a high quality macro lens. There are also high quality point and shoots that take excellent videos (Canon G15, Samsung EX2f, Sony RX100).
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Default Re: DSLR? video tutorials for painting miniatures and photographing the end results...

I know this is a little bit off topic, but I just took a look at your videos and can congratulate you on another subscriber. The stuff you do is very cool and very professional. I would take Andy's advice with the cameras and I will be looking forward to seeing some more of your videos in full HD!
    ---------------------------------------
    James
    Best SD Card for Cameras - 2013 Review

Thread Information