Quantcast Difference between Nikon Coolpix S3200 and Nikon Coolpix S3300?

+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Difference between Nikon Coolpix S3200 and Nikon Coolpix S3300?

Hi Friends,

I am looking for a basic Point and Shoot Camera.

My requirements are
    1. Li-ion battery
    2. Fast processing
    3. Great image quality ( 9 out of 10)
    4. Non - touch screen
    5. Zoom (5x - 12x)
    6. I would be capturing indoor images as well as outdoor activities (allround performance)
    7. Size should be compact.
    8. Megapixels ( 10.1 to --), I will not be printing big photos
    9. I will be shooting sports event too.
    10. Brands I like are Nikon, Sony, Canon
    11. If it could be wideangle, I would be very pleased.
    12. Should record hd video with 30 fps.
    12. My budget is upto 8000 ₹ which I can extend by 1000 ₹.

I have selected Nikon Coolpix S3200 and Nikon Coolpix S3300 but I don't find any difference between them yet there is a difference of 1000 Rs between them. Please suggest me between them and other options as well.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Difference between Nikon Coolpix S3200 and Nikon Coolpix S3300?

The main difference between the two cameras is that the S3300 has lens shift image stabilization (which Nikon calls VR). This is good to have as it permits the camera to take clearer pictures in low light, when the camera is shooting at a slow shutter speed. The S3300 is a competent small camera, but if you can afford it cameras with the more advanced CMOS sensor will be even better at low light shooting, plus will be quicker. The newer Canon Ixus cameras have a CMOS sensor. The least expensive Nikon with a CMOS sensor is the s5200. The least expensive Sony with a CMOS sensor is the WX50.
    [COLOR="Blue"]My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Question Re: Difference between Nikon Coolpix S3200 and Nikon Coolpix S3300?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    The main difference between the two cameras is that the S3300 has lens shift image stabilization (which Nikon calls VR). This is good to have as it permits the camera to take clearer pictures in low light, when the camera is shooting at a slow shutter speed. The S3300 is a competent small camera, but if you can afford it cameras with the more advanced CMOS sensor will be even better at low light shooting, plus will be quicker. The newer Canon Ixus cameras have a CMOS sensor. The least expensive Nikon with a CMOS sensor is the s5200. The least expensive Sony with a CMOS sensor is the WX50.
    The problem arising with Sony is its battery which is "Ni-bn", Nikon s5200 doesn't have very good reviews in term of picture quality. Maybe I will go for Ixus. Am I right?

Super Moderator/Reviewer

The Sony WX50 has a lithium ion battery, just like 99% of point and shoot cameras.
    The Nikon S5200 has received some decent reviews. It's much better than the Nikon point and shoots with only a CCD sensor.
    The Canon Ixus cameras with CMOS sensors do very well all around (I own one, the Elph 110 HS (Ixus 125 HS), which I like very much). Other Ixus cameras with the CMOS sensor are the Ixus 225 HS, the Ixus 500 HS and the Ixus 510 HS.
    [COLOR="Blue"]My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

I was looking between the specs of DSC-WX60 and DSC-WX50. I see DSC-WX60 is good in terms of lens, zoom, focal length but DSC-WX50 mentions it has BIONZ image processor. Which one do you suggest as now I have set my eyes on them. Do both of them have a wide angle lens?

Hi everyone,

Can I get my last query resolved.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by ashokechintu View Post
    I was looking between the specs of DSC-WX60 and DSC-WX50. I see DSC-WX60 is good in terms of lens, zoom, focal length but DSC-WX50 mentions it has BIONZ image processor. Which one do you suggest as now I have set my eyes on them. Do both of them have a wide angle lens?
    They are very similar both have the Bionz processor, both are about the same size. The WX60 has a longer optical zoom (8x vs 5x) but the WX50 has a higher resolution LCD screen and a wider aperture.
    [COLOR="Blue"]My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information