Quantcast New Camera to remplace Nikon coolpix p300

+ Reply to Thread

Default New Camera to remplace Nikon coolpix p300

Our camera ended up taking a bath in a lake , witch leave us no other choice then buying a new one. We had a Nikon coolpix p300. I need to remplace it fast summer vacations are just there and i'm trying to get some advice

Budget

App between 300 and 400 ( more or less )

Size

Not to big , but could be bigger then our previous nikon or same size

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you?

* What optical zoom will you need? Standars zoom would be fine

* How important is “image quality” to you? I really like a good image 8 /9

Do you care for manual exposure modes ? Not that much i would love to do it but i don't have much time to learn it.

General Usage
    The camera is mostly to take picture of the kids and or places we visit. Inside and outside, i choose the previous Nikon cause i had been told it
    was doing great in low light.

We also record video of the kids fairly often

Miscellaneous

I haven't look much on the net this time because we are kinda in a hurry and i have no idea how camera have improved since we bought the last one.
    I did like my Nikon i also liked my Canon i had before that one. We take a lot of picture !

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: New Camera to remplace Nikon coolpix p300

The replacement for the P300, the P330, is a substantially better camera because of its larger sensor (1/2.3 inches in the P300, 1/1.7 inches in the P330). The P330 also has a built-in GPS and a few more shooting options. It's the same size as your P300 but about 11 grams heavier. The P330 can also shoot in RAW mode if you're a big fan of post processing. Canon has a similar camera to the P330, the S110, The S110 has built-in WiFi but not a built-in GPS. The S110 also lacks the auto-panorama mode of the P330. However the S110 has a touchscreen, which many people prefer. The P330 and S110 both take great looking images, even in moderately low light.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thank you , i was looking up some things on the site , the review of the Canon Power shot G15 seemed to be very good . I wasn't able to find the Nikon p330 review. Not sure if i haven't seen it or if it's not there !
    I want to go see them at the store very soon !

Super Moderator/Reviewer

This website hasn't reviewed the P330 yet but others have. It's a very good camera.
    Regarding the Canon G15, it's an excellent camera but keep in mind a few things. One is that it has the same sensor as the S110, so its image quality is pretty much the same. Also it's larger, heavier and more expensive than the S110 or the P330.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information