Quantcast Canon SX260 v/s Nikon S9500 ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Canon SX260 v/s Nikon S9500 ?

Hi Guys,

I am looking out for a Digital Camera mainly for personal use like use it to shoot vacation pictures, outdoors, Functions etc...So I am not looking out for a really professional level camera but having said in a personal camera category aswell I am looking out for a camera which has a excellent Picture quality, which has a good sensor and a reasonable zoom like 20X or something and the other standard features that come along a personal camera. So far I have shortlisted Canon Powershot SX260 HS and Nikon Coolpix S9500 out of these two which will be a better choice any suggestions please ? If you have any better suggestions then these two even that will be great.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Canon SX260 v/s Nikon S9500 ?

The Canon SX260 HS is probably the best travel zoom in its class, largely due to its superior image quality, especially in low light. The Nikon S9500 is a fine camera but its low light image quality is not as good as that of the Canon. Both cameras have built-in WiFi and GPS.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    The Canon SX260 HS is probably the best travel zoom in its class, largely due to its superior image quality, especially in low light. The Nikon S9500 is a fine camera but its low light image quality is not as good as that of the Canon. Both cameras have built-in WiFi and GPS.
    Ok so between these two Canon is the best right ! But anything else which is like a complete package ans is better then these two. Full HD 1080P is a must.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by augustya30 View Post
    Ok so between these two Canon is the best right !
    I think the Canon is better, though the Nikon is very good as well.
    Here are some sample photos from the two cameras.
    Flickr Search: Nikon s9500
    Flickr Search: canon sx260

But anything else which is like a complete package ans is better then these two.
    I don't understand what you mean. What's "a complete package"?
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

I think the Canon is better, though the Nikon is very good as well.
    Here are some sample photos from the two cameras.
    Flickr Search: Nikon s9500
    Flickr Search: canon sx260
    The Canon Pictures are Amazing, Absolutely Billiant ! Hands Down !

So This Canon Model SX 260 HS is it better then any of the Canon IXUS Model like the 255 HS. I was earlier contemplating the Canon IXUS 255 HS but then for a marginal more money if I am getting better specs (More zoom etc) I thought let me filter down to this one, so between Canon IXUS 255 HS and Canon SX260 HS the SX 260 HS is also a better choice ?

I don't understand what you mean. What's "a complete package"?
    When I say complete package I mean a Compact Digital Camera which has almost everything. 10-12 MP, 20-22X Zoom, CMOS sensor, Ecellent Image Quality, Low Light Shooting, Reasonable Less Noise, Great for Outdoors and Indoors and Yes a FULL HD 1080P Video Recording aswell. That is what I mean by a complete package.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

So This Canon Model SX 260 HS is it better then any of the Canon IXUS Model like the 255 HS. I was earlier contemplating the Canon IXUS 255 HS but then for a marginal more money if I am getting better specs (More zoom etc) I thought let me filter down to this one, so between Canon IXUS 255 HS and Canon SX260 HS the SX 260 HS is also a better choice ?
    The image quality of the SX260 HS is very similar to the Ixus 255 HS because they have the same 1/2.3 inch 12 megapixel CMOS sensor. Where the SX260 HS is superior is its 20x zoom range plus the fact that it has manual exposure controls if you should decide to use them (such as when you're shooting action scenes - shutter priority will give you superior results).
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

The image quality of the SX260 HS is very similar to the Ixus 255 HS because they have the same 1/2.3 inch 12 megapixel CMOS sensor. Where the SX260 HS is superior is its 20x zoom range plus the fact that it has manual exposure controls if you should decide to use them (such as when you're shooting action scenes - shutter priority will give you superior results).
    Hi Andy,

I had almost finalised on the Canon Powershot SX260 HS when someone introduced me to the Sony Cybershot WX300 and I again got confused the Sony one has a lot of fun features, elements to it...It also uses the CMOS Sensor which the Canon Powershot SX260 has so I wonder if the image quality is the same, in terms of image quality which one is better ? And if Canon is bett by what margin is the canon better, does the Sony loses with a very very thin margin that it is worth considering because of a negligible image quality loss than Canon ? What do you say ?

Super Moderator/Reviewer

The Sony WX300 is a fine camera but the Canon probably has better image quality. The SX260 also has a built-in GPS, which the WX300 lacks.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

The Sony WX300 is a fine camera but the Canon probably has better image quality. The SX260 also has a built-in GPS, which the WX300 lacks.
    How much do yo think is the Sony WX300 worth considering only for its Fun Features which Canon SX260 does not have. Having said that the image quality holds top priority no compromises on that front, with image quality.

Does it makes sense to drop the Canon SX260 against the Sony WX300 for its fun features ?

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by augustya30 View Post
    How much do yo think is the Sony WX300 worth considering only for its Fun Features which Canon SX260 does not have. Having said that the image quality holds top priority no compromises on that front, with image quality.

Does it makes sense to drop the Canon SX260 against the Sony WX300 for its fun features ?
    It depends what's more important to you, image quality or features. The Sony does have a very nice feature the Canon lacks - an auto panorama mode. However, both cameras are very good and would probably meet your needs.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information