0. You may not vote on this poll
  • panasonic lumix lx7

0 0%
  • samsung ex2f

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Question quick question before buy : Panasonic LX7 vs samsung ex2f

Hello All,

Im trying to get the best compact camera for my needs and I need your support to help me choose the "better" one.

Here the short story:

From the past years I was an owner of Nikon D40 with the KIT lenses but in the end (before selling it) I have the oportunity to use 1.8 lens with it . I loved image quality of this DSLR, but for now Im looking for more compact camera that I can take anyware without additional lenses and big bag on my neck.

Based on my previous experience, it looks like more than 50% of my pictures were taken in poor light condition (In the afternoon, in crowded places: pubs, restaurant ect) so after using 1.8 lense Im looking for camera that would offer near the same quality on lower IsO.

It took me a while to find a good model for me but it end on Panasonic LX7 vs Samsung ex2f . I know that there is sony,canon or Fuji but in my country their price is still very high (to much to consider "I will save more for..") so the choice is between this two only.

The main factor is the overall image quality and "general" use. Im more toward panasonic and I was wiling to take it , but my father who is Samsung entusiast, own the Samsung TV and smartphone trying to convince me that samsung is a better deal because it cheaper, has moving back screen and wifi functionality and .. works with samsung products. I said that from what I known the quality should be better on panasonic. "But did you notice it?"

And that is the question : If the Panasonic is better deal regarding image quality or Samsung?

Please Help.

P.S My appologise is I made any mistake. English is not my native language.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: quick question before buy : Panasonic LX7 vs samsung ex2f

Both cameras take good looking, sharp pictures even at low light, thanks to their fast lenses (F1.4 at wide angle).. The Samsung has a bit less optical zoom (24-80mm vs 24-90mm for the LX7). But the Samsung has a movable LCD and built-in wifi, two useful features that the LX7 lacks.
    Here's a link to this website's review of the EX2f:
    Samsung EX2F Review: Retro Street Shooter

One thing to consider - the LX7 is the latest version of a series of cameras that began production back in 2005 so it's likely more refined than the EX2f.

Here are links to images from the LX7 (I don't have similar samples from the EX2f)
    Flickr Search: panasonic lx7
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Default Re: quick question before buy : Panasonic LX7 vs samsung ex2f

That is an interesting short list. If you are fussy about color tones, the default result for the LX7 is more accurate. The EX2f does have internal controls to let you fix this. On the other hand, the EX2f has stronger default contrast, for a more snappy picture. Again, the LX7 will let you fix this with an internal control.

I would need to spend a little time handling both cameras to make a pick, it's that close.

Kelly Cook
    Olympus PL2, Canon EOS 50D, Fujifilm F45fd, various film dinosaurs

Thread Information