Quantcast Sony DSC H100 vs. Nikon Coolpix L320

+ Reply to Thread

Default Sony DSC H100 vs. Nikon Coolpix L320

Hello everyone.

I'm kind of a noob in deciding about cameras. I have been given a choice to choose from the above mentioned point to shoot cameras. My requirement is a camera that is nearer to a professional camera. Moreover, it has the best specifications. The comparison must only be between DSC H100 and Coolpix L320.

I would also like to know:

1. The difference between TTL AF and Illuminator AF

2. The difference between Advanced Point and Shoot and Ordinary Point and Shoot

A comparison between the specs of two cameras can be found here: http://www.buyingiq.com/compare/Niko...-n-Shoot-13271

I would love if you'd give your opinion and mention reasons for your choice as well.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Sony DSC H100 vs. Nikon Coolpix L320

Quote Originally Posted by ahgz96 View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm kind of a noob in deciding about cameras. I have been given a choice to choose from the above mentioned point to shoot cameras. My requirement is a camera that is nearer to a professional camera. Moreover, it has the best specifications. The comparison must only be between DSC H100 and Coolpix L320.

I would also like to know:

1. The difference between TTL AF and Illuminator AF
    I never heard of "illuminator AF" but I suspect it's the same thing as TTL AF, which is an auto focus system in which the camera's processor decides what to focus on based on the contrast of portions of the image coming through the lens (TTL).

2. The difference between Advanced Point and Shoot and Ordinary Point and Shoot
    Any camera manufacturer can call its camera an "advanced point and shoot" but that doesn't make it one. What's important are the camera's features. Both the cameras you're considering are not what I'd call an advanced point and shoot because neither has shutter priority and aperture priority modes, manual focusing, bracketing, RAW shooting or a viewfinder.

But both cameras can take good looking photographs when lighting conditions are good. Also both cameras have a nice, versatile long zoom lens. If I had to choose one it would be the Sony for several reasons. It has a manual mode, which means you can manually set the shutter speed and aperture. It has an auto-panorama mode, which allows you to take wide-angle panorama shots by sweeping the camera. Also the Sony has a higher resolution LCD than the Nikon. If they are priced similarly the Sony seems like the better buy.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thanks for the advice mate... I think I now know what to go after.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by ahgz96 View Post
    Thanks for the advice mate... I think I now know what to go after.
    Before you buy try out the cameras. One might have a much better "feel" to you or its menu system might be superior.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thread Information