Quantcast Canon M series. and internal v/s external memory

+ Reply to Thread
    pfm

Default Canon M series. and internal v/s external memory

This is about the Canon M series camcorders. I don't see any M series camcorders on the canon website in the current lineup. Does that mean this series is now discontinued ? Does anyone know for sure ?

And I have a question about external memory for camcorders. Is there any disadvantage for using external memory over the internal memory of the camcorder (speed, throughput, etc..). The reason I am asking is because the price diff between a 8GB and 32GB of the same model is >$100. I can probably get a full 32GB SD card for a lot less than that. So why would anyone pay that much more just to get more "internal" memory ? Am I missing something ?

Super Moderator

Default Re: Canon M series. and internal v/s external memory

Quote Originally Posted by pfm View Post
    This is about the Canon M series camcorders. I don't see any M series camcorders on the canon website in the current lineup. Does that mean this series is now discontinued ? Does anyone know for sure ?
    Canon hasn't refreshed them for 2013 but they haven't been officially discontinued.

And I have a question about external memory for camcorders. Is there any disadvantage for using external memory over the internal memory of the camcorder (speed, throughput, etc..). The reason I am asking is because the price diff between a 8GB and 32GB of the same model is >$100. I can probably get a full 32GB SD card for a lot less than that. So why would anyone pay that much more just to get more "internal" memory ? Am I missing something ?
    Internal memory is convenient and is good for those who don't like to bother with memory cards.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information