Quantcast Confused whether to buy Nikon D3200 SLR or not?

+ Reply to Thread

Question Confused whether to buy Nikon D3200 SLR or not?

hi all,
    I am planning to buy a new camera for more picture clarity. I already have canon powershot A640 since last 2 years but its picture quality is not great in low light. basically i want to capture the memories in camera when we go out on vacation. I also want great pictures in dim light and night also.
    I have shortlisted Nikon D3200 SLR. It has 24.2 MP Camera, 3 inches, 921k dots, LCD display, 1080p HD Video Recording and F3.5 - F5.6 Lens. Its in my budget also around 25,000/- @ http://www.price-hunt.com/cameras/nikon-d-3200-slr.php .. Any other suggestionssss would be highly appreciated.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Confused whether to buy Nikon D3200 SLR or not?

The website you're looking at has prices for the Nikon D3200 body only. If you add a lens it brings the price to at least 30,0000. Looking at Flipkart, the major camera reseller in India, I see several good possibilities if you want to stay at 25,000. You could consider the Nikon D3100 and the Canon EOS 1100D which include a lens. These are good DSLR's, though not at the same level as the D3200 (but much cheaper). You could also afford some very good non-DSLR's such as the Panasonic LX5, the Nikon P7700, the Nikon 1J1, the Olympus XZ-10, the Panasonic GF3. These are small cameras with large sensors that have very good low light ability (not DSLR quality but close). Of these 5 non-DSLR's, two of them, the Nikon 1J1 and Panasonic GF3, are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The other three are advanced point and shoots.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Default Re: Confused whether to buy Nikon D3200 SLR or not?

By itself, a DSLR will not guarantee you good low light results. As low light photography is as much about technique as which camera. Links that may help -

canon 350d

How to Take Great Photos at Night – PictureCorrect

School Of Digital Photography: How To Get Better Digital Photos In Low Light Conditions Without Using A Flash

Night Archives - Digital Photo Secrets

Kelly Cook
    Olympus PL2, Canon EOS 50D, Fujifilm F45fd, various film dinosaurs

Thread Information