Quantcast Canon PowerShot Elph 330 HS or the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300?

+ Reply to Thread

Default Canon PowerShot Elph 330 HS or the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300?

I have narrowed my selections down to the cameras listed above. The camera will be used for vacations, Craigslist, moderate editing, architectural portfolio, Ebay, etc. My budget is under $250. If there are better cameras than these in my price range please let me know.

Thanks

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Canon PowerShot Elph 330 HS or the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I have narrowed my selections down to the cameras listed above. The camera will be used for vacations, Craigslist, moderate editing, architectural portfolio, Ebay, etc. My budget is under $250. If there are better cameras than these in my price range please let me know.

Thanks
    Both cameras are excellent. The Canon is probably the best small camera in its class (very small, 10x optical zoom). The Sony is an excellent compact long zoom camera (20x optical zoom) and is the smallest camera in its class. But there are other small, long zoom cameras that are equally good (though larger) that are in the Sony's price range, such as the Canon SX280hs, Samsung WB800F, Panasonic ZS25, Fuji F770exr and the Nikon S9500.

If you're looking to other types of cameras, the Canon S110 and Nikon P330 are very good small, large sensor cameras that have better image quality than most point and shoots, including those mentioned above. The Canon SX510 is a very good long zoom camera (30x) that's larger than a pocket camera but still fairly small. The Panasonic FZ70 is an excellent, larger SLR-like camera with a fantastic zoom range (60x). All these cameras are within your price range.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information