Quantcast Lumia 920 Vs Pureview 808 (capturing moving objects,telephoto zoom for landscapes,and usual blur)

+ Reply to Thread

Default Lumia 920 Vs Pureview 808 (capturing moving objects,telephoto zoom for landscapes,and usual blur)

As the title is self explanatory,I am really confused b/w buying either of these two phones (my choice will be based sheerly on camera)...I am a rather hesitant for Pureview 808 as It doesn't have OIS and some people complained about its slow shutter speeds due to which,even a slight handshake cause blur,as a matter of fact the lumia 1020 is out of my budget,also in some forums I have seen that 808 is not good for capturing fast moving objects in low light...Also which camera has good telephoto zoom as i am mainly aiming for landscape photography...So please kindly help me i am really confused....

Super Moderator

Default Re: Lumia 920 Vs Pureview 808 (capturing moving objects,telephoto zoom for landscapes,and usual blur)

I have no personal experience with either phone but I think the issues with 808 stem from two things - one is that it has 41 megapixels, which means that it takes awhile for the picture to be saved in the camera's memory. You can probably shorten this time by reducing the resolution to something more workable. Another issue is that I understand the 808 combines several shots to improve dynamic range. The process of combining images also takes awhile, further slowing down the camera's operation.

Overall, for decent landscape shots most smartphones will do fine but for high quality landscape shots a good digital camera or an excellent camera phone like the Lumia 920, 808 or the iPhone will do much better. For action shots a smartphone can't match the capabilities of a quick digital camera.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Default Re: Lumia 920 Vs Pureview 808 (capturing moving objects,telephoto zoom for landscapes,and usual blur)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    I have no personal experience with either phone but I think the issues with 808 stem from two things - one is that it has 41 megapixels, which means that it takes awhile for the picture to be saved in the camera's memory. You can probably shorten this time by reducing the resolution to something more workable. Another issue is that I understand the 808 combines several shots to improve dynamic range. The process of combining images also takes awhile, further slowing down the camera's operation.

Overall, for decent landscape shots most smartphones will do fine but for high quality landscape shots a good digital camera or an excellent camera phone like the Lumia 920, 808 or the iPhone will do much better. For action shots a smartphone can't match the capabilities of a quick digital camera.
    So a 920 will do fine for some very good landscape shots..and also for some of the freezing motion shots???

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kashan123999 View Post
    So a 920 will do fine for some very good landscape shots..and also for some of the freezing motion shots???
    Look for a phone that has a dedicated action mode, often called a "sports" mode, which will sense that a subject is moving and increase the shutter speed to freeze the action. A few phones also have the ability to adjust shutter speed, which will allow you to achieve the same result as a sports mode.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

I have no personal experience with Pureview 808 but my friend has one but he wants to change his phone due to some functionality and image control issues. 808 taken lot of time while saving the images and capturing too, that's why sometimes original scenes are missed. So i think you need to go with Lumia 920.

I am using Lumia 920 from couple of months and completely satisfied with the performance, especially camera quality and image control. It's best for landscape shots and i really surprised with its optical image stabilization and autofocus functionality. You can check further reviews on Amazon Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 920 Black Factory Unlocked 32GB phone 4G LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 - RM-821: Cell Phones & Accessories so all in all I think this is better choice for you.

Thank you

Thread Information